At inception, its goals were encapsulated in her motto for Healing, Research, and Training. Initially commissioned as a 300 bedded hospital in 1973, UBTH which is located on the Benin – Lagos Expressway, has expanded its facilities tremendously over the years such that she now has facilities for over 500 in-patients.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for 2022 Graduate Training Programme at University of Benin Teaching Hospital.
Residency Training Programme
Applications are invited from suitable qualified candidates for admission into the Residency Training Programme of the University of Benin Teaching Hospital in the following disciplines:
- Medicine (All Specialties)
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Child Health
- Chemical Pathology
- Medical Microbiology
- Morbid Anatomy (Histopathology)
- ENT, Head & Neck
- Mental Health
- Community Health
- Family Medicine
- Orthopaedics & Traumatology / Burns & Plastics
- Restorative Dentistry
- Periodontics Dentistry
- Oral Diagnosis & Radiology
- Oral Pathology & Medicine
- Community Dentistry
- Emergency Medicine
- Pedodontics Paediatric Dentistry
- Radiation & Clinical Oncology
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Candidates must possess the necessary academic qualifications and provisional registration with the regulatory bodies.
- Candidate for the post of Registrar II in any of the specialties must possess an MBBS Degree from a recognized University (by MDCN) plus the Primary Fellowship Certificate in the intended course of study.
- Candidates must have completed the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) or possess Exemption letter, whichever is applicable.
This is as applicable in the Federal Civil Service of the Federation.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should complete the Application Forms below. All completed Application Forms should be accompanied with relevant Credentials and submitted either by post or by hand at:
The Office of the Chief Medical Director,
University of Benin Teaching Hospital,
P.M.B. 1111, Benin City,