United Nations Graduate Study Programme 2023 is ongoing. Interested and qualified applicants are advised to apply here.
The United Nations Graduate Study programme at UN Geneva is the longest-running educational programme of the United Nations, now in its 61st year.
Over the past six decades, the Graduate study program (GSP) has brought together and trained several thousand young people from over 100 countries on all continents.
This two-week long summer seminar provides an opportunity for participants to deepen their understanding of the United Nations and “International Geneva” through first-hand observations, lectures, research, and visits to Geneva-based institutions.
- Host: United Nations
- Category: Training | Fellowships
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Full Sponsporship
- Deadline: March 3, 2023
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
It will consist of lectures given by representatives of the United Nations, other international organizations and NGOs, visits to institutions, and working on group projects.
The theme of the 61st Graduate Study Programme will be:
“All Rights for All People”: Universal Declaration of Human Rights at 75”
The first week of the Programme will provide an overview of some of the main themes addressed by “International Geneva”, such as sustainable development, humanitarian action, disarmament, peace and security, trade, climate, health, gender equality, education, refugees and migrants.
In the second week of the programme, the focus will switch to human rights, part of the year-long initiative to mark the 75th anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human RightsOpens in new window (UDHR).
To be eligible for the United Nations Graduate Study Programme 2023, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Fluency in spoken and written English or French is necessary.
- Applicants must be between 22 and 32 years of age at the time of application.
- Those who have participated in previous editions of the Graduate Study Programme are not eligible to apply.
Duration and Reward
- Academic background and achievements
- Extracurricular activities
- Geographical balance
- Gender balance
- Knowledge of the two working languages of the Programme (fluency in English, knowledge of French)
- Usefulness of the Programme for a prospective career of the applicant
The Selection Committee does not disclose the motivation of its choices.
Candidates will be notified of the Selection Committee’s decision via email by Friday, 21 April 2023.
submit the following documents:
- A copy of the applicant’s passport;
- A letter of recommendation (in English or in French) from a university or a governmental authority;
- A proof of current enrolment (at the time of application) in a master’s degree, a postgraduate degree, or a doctorate programme;
- Copies of previous university diplomas obtained;
- A curriculum vitae;
- A short motivation letter (300 words maximum).
Method of Application
Students who wish to participate in the 2023 Graduate Study Programme must submit their application online by Friday, 3 March 2023, 12 noon Geneva time.
The application formOpens in new window shall be completed on our website