Kenya Airways Ltd., more commonly known as Kenya Airways, is the flag carrier airline of Kenya. The company was founded in 1977, after the dissolution of East African Airways. Its head office is located in Embakasi, Nairobi, with its hub at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.
The airline was owned by the Government of Kenya until April 1995, and it was privatized in 1996, becoming the first African flag carrier to successfully do so.
Applications are currently accepted from candidates to apply for the Station Officer at Kenya Airways.
- Reporting to the Station Manager, the ideal candidate will be required to oversee the day to day operations in consultation with the Station Manager whilst ensuring implementation of the station management system.
- He/she will also be required to ensure that standards of punctuality and customer service are delivered in accordance with the company policies and procedures and in compliance with the regulatory authorities.
Policies and Procedures:
- Ensure compliance to all relevant policies, processes and procedures is achieved so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
- Conduct internal audit/spot checks to ensure compliance with safety and security procedures, service standards and recommended practices.
Safety, Quality & Environment:
- Promote and maintain a positive safety culture, a healthy, secure and cost-effective operation for Kenya Airways and ensure compliance with the relevant industry/legislative requirements and company procedures to ensure a healthy and safe work environment.
- File and retain the flight plan to comply with legal and company requirements to ensure aircraft operations safety (where necessary).
- Identify and report hazards, near misses, incidents and accident.
- Monitor to ensure that standards of punctuality and customer service are delivered by third parties as per contract and Service Level agreement and in accordance with the company policies and procedures and relevant regulatory authorities.
- Oversee efficient passenger handling at check in, boarding and arrivals for positive pleasant customer experience and ensure achievement of passenger satisfaction and comfort.
- In the absence of the Station Manager, liaise with relevant authorities and ensure conformity with all regulatory requirements, organization standards and local procedures and represent Kenya Airways at AOC meetings to address airport facilitation issues.
- Direct, monitor and control the departure process for on time departure of flights within the established safety and security procedures.
- Foster and maintain good working relationship with other airlines and airport stakeholders to facilitate smooth Kenya Airways (KQ) operations.
- Plan, brief, supervise and ensure efficient allocation of tasks and responsibilities to staff for optimal shift performance.
- Consult, communicate and disseminate information as appropriate to passengers, staff and third-party service providers to eliminate lapses in service delivery/recovery.
- Prepare and file all flight handling reports and other reports for effective management of information.
- Deputize the station manager when he/she is out of Station/away from duty.
- Promote company image to enhance public relations and customer loyalty
- Ensure implementation of KQ WAY best practice at the station.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant Higher Diploma from a recognized University.
- Experience in all round airport handling with at least 3 years in supervisory role.
- Safety Management System (SMS) Awareness training.
- Airside Safety –Initial and Aviation Security –Initial trainings.
- KQ – Dangerous Goods Regulations Category 10 (CAT 10).
- Station/Ground Handling Management (IATA) or equivalent.
- Passenger Handling Training.
- Financial Management/Cost Control Awareness.
- ALTEA DCS – CM and FM.
- Excellent analytical, negotiations and influencing skills as well as excellent communication skills.
- Ability to handle pressure and difficult situations with resilience, calmly and effectively.
- Must be a person of unquestionable integrity.
- Teamwork/team player.
- Customer focus.
- Results oriented.
- Problem Solving Skills.
- Competitive salary
- Casual work environment
- Great work-life balance
- We value autonomy
- Environmental-friendly (we try to use as less paper as possible!)
- Opportunity for growth for all our employees …and more!
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidate should Apply by Clicking the Button below.
- If you fit the profile, then apply today! Please submit a copy your detailed Curriculum Vitae.
- Due to the volume of applications that we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Kenya Airways is an equal opportunity employer.