Romanian government scholarship 2023 is ongoing, interested and qualified candidates are advised to apply before the deadline.
The Romanian government, through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, is offering scholarships to foreign nationals to study Bachelor, Master and Doctorate for the academic year 2023-2024.
Every year, the Romanian government through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs awards a number of scholarships to citizens of non-EU countries.
Only applicants with good academic results, corresponding to the average of the years of study, for the final graduate school, at least 7 (seven) corresponding to the grading system in Romania or points ” Good”, as the case may be, is qualified.
- Host Country: Romania
- Study Abroad: Study in Europe
- Category: Undergraduate Scholarships | Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships | PhD Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship | Accommodation | 85 EURO per month Stipends
- Deadline: March 1, 2023
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
- This scheme is dedicated to graduates of high schools or of equivalent pre-university systems, as well as to candidates who require the equivalent of partial studies and the continuation of their studies in Romania. The complete cycle of university studies lasts for 3 to 6 years, according to the specific requirements of the chosen faculty, and ends with a final examination (licenta);
- for the 2nd cycle (master): This scheme is dedicated to graduates of university/post-graduate studies; it lasts for 1,5 to 2 years and ends with a dissertation;
- for the 3rd cycle (doctorate) the scheme is dedicated to the graduates of university/postgraduate studies (i.e. master); it lasts for 3-4 years, in keeping with the specific requirements of the chosen faculty, and ends with a doctor’s thesis.
Citizens of non-EU countries (irrespective of their residence) are eligible to apply.
Notes: Language of Study: To promote the Romanian language and culture, the Ministry of National Education has decided that the beneficiaries of the scholarships should study only in the Romanian language. Students who declare they know the Romanian language will have to pass a language test organized by competent higher education institutions.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- Free-of-charge tuition
- Financial support – a monthly amount representing :
- the equivalent in Romanian currency of 65 EURO per month, for undergraduate students (1st cycle),
- the equivalent in Romanian currency of 75 EURO per month, for post-graduate students (master degrees and specialization) 2nd cycle.
- the equivalent in Romanian currency of 85 EURO per month, for postgraduate students (doctor’s degree) 3rd cycle.
These scholarships do not cover food, international and local transport.
The required documents include
- Birth certificate and
- Passport, CV – all described in the application process.
Method of Application
To get all the necessary information about the scholarships (conditions, necessary documents, enrolment calendar) and to submit their application files, the candidates should apply directly to:
- the Romanian diplomatic missions accredited to the candidate’s country of origin or of residence or to
- the diplomatic mission of the candidate’s state of origin accredited to Bucharest
Deadline: March 1, 2023