Northwest Petroleum & Gas Company Limited was created from humble beginnings in 1998 with a vision to earn a reputable name in Nigeria’s Oil and Gas industry by being measurably efficient, responsible and competitive while working to meet Company growth and objectives within the broader Social and Economic goals of our operating environment.
The vision behind Northwest Petroleum & Gas Company Limited is about a team with passion and commitment, whose relentless efforts and dedicated service has led the Company to where it is today.
Applications are currently accepted from interested candidates to apply for the jobs at NorthWest Petroleum and Gas Company.
- Perform and control the full audit cycle including risk management and control management over operations’ effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations
- Determine internal audit scope and develop annual plans.
- Interface with the business units to ensure controls are fully embedded in the design of all business processes and system.
- Obtain, analyse and evaluate accounting documentation, previous reports, data, flowcharts etc
- Prepare and present reports that reflect audit’s results and document process
- Identify loopholes and recommend risk aversion measures and cost savings
- Perform spot checks and periodic audit reviews of established internal control system to ensure the continuous integrity of the control system and propose value-added recommendations to improve the system.
- Document process and prepare audit findings memorandum
- Conduct follow up audits to monitor Management’s interventions
- Support the engagement of all stakeholders with knowledge sharing/information regarding sector’s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards
Qualifications and Requirements:
- B. SC degree in Accounting or related field plus ICAN or ACCA.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience. (Experience in an Audit firm is a plus).
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software and databases
- Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations
- High attention to details and excellent analytical skills
- Sound independent judgement and communication skill
Junior Legal Officer
- Support in the provision of internal advisory services on legal matters related to the operation of the company.
- Support dispute resolution function, and negotiations under supervision
- Support corporate activities to ensure conformity with the applicable laws.
- Assist in preparing and monitoring companywide compliance checklists
- Provide support in regularization of Annual Returns with CAC – Court attendance, Legal searches, and monitoring title perfection processes at applicable land registries.
- Act as the liaising officer with external counsel to follow-up and ensure quick closure on litigations
- Assisting in contract lifecycle management – preparation, drafting, vetting and negotiation of agreement
- Assist with monitoring and filling of completed contracts and other corporate documents.
- Assist with the preparation of board resolutions and extract of minutes, schedule of meetings etc.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A minimum of LL.B, BL degree at Second Class (Upper Division) or above.
- 3-5 years Post Call (with 3 years in a law firm). At least 2 years oil & gas Industry experience is an advantage
- Leadership skills – Excellent Business Writing Skills
- Experience on engaging with relevant government, maritime, local content agencies, etc.
- Good relationship management and communication abilities for interaction with internal/external parties.
- Proactiveness with a high sense of confidentiality is most crucial.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should apply by clicking the BUTTONS below.