MTN Foundation MUSON Scholarship Program For Young Nigerians
Applications are open for the MTN Music Scholarship for all interested candidates.
The Musical Society of Nigeria (MUSON) in conjunction with the MTN Foundation (MTNF) announces entrance examinations for the Fifteenth set of the MTNF/MUSON Diploma course in music for the 2021 – 2022 academic year.
- Host: MTN Foundation
- Category: Undergraduate Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: Nigeria
- Reward: Full Scholarship | N250,000
- Deadline: August 21, 2022
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
The diploma course is a full time 2 year course offering advanced training in music with the following majors: Piano, Organ, Violin, Viola, Cello, Double Bass, Flute, Clarinet, Saxophone, Trumpet, Trombone, Percussion, Classical Guitar, Voice.
Students are also required to take 2 terms of an instrument minor other than their major instrumental family. All voice students must pass grade 2 piano, instrumentalists must pass vocal techniques and all students must belong to the choir. Orchestra is required for all string majors. All wind and percussion majors must belong to band. Others who may not be majors are welcome to audition for the orchestra band.
The MUSON also holds an annual Donors Appreciation Concert to show gratitude to individuals and Corporates who provide consistent support to the school. The MUSON partnership is a veritable platform that supports music scholars with the skill to effectively participate in the Arts and Culture value chain.
To be considered for the IMES, you must:
- Have the General Certificate of Education (G.C.E) Ordinary Level with credits in five (5) subjects including English Language, or
- The Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSCE) with a credit in English Language
- Have obtained the 5 credits at not more than two sittings and before admission to the diploma course
PRACTICAL: Grade five (5) or higher pass certificate of The MUSON School of Music or any other music examining body recognized by the MUSON School.
THEORY: Grade five (5) or higher pass certificate of the MUSON School of Music or any other music examining body recognized by the MUSON School.
NB: Applicants who possess the above practical or theory certificates would have also satisfied the GCE (O/L) or SSCE requirements.
Applicants who are deficient in the theory requirements but show outstanding practical ability may be admitted. These students must take a remedial theory course and must pass the minimum requirements in the first year
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- The Scholarship period will run for 2 years
- The scholarship will provide a full tuition fee waiver, books and transportation worth N250,000 over 2 years
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Application Form to be filled online
- Cover letter
- Copies of Certificate (G.C.E or SSCE certificate)
- Passport Photograph
Method of Application
Interested candidates should complete the online application form.