The British Council is the UK’s international organization for cultural relations and educational opportunities. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body.
The British Council is committed to supporting all staff to make sure their behavior is consistent with this commitment. We create a friendly environment for our staff and high incentive.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for the role of Grants Assistant at British Council. See below.
The post holder will support the coordination and management of JCS programmes’ grant process. The post holder will work closely with and support the Grants Officer, other Grants Assistants, M&E lead, and component teams in planning, implementation and management of the programme grant process, ensuring effective monitoring of implementation of grants to sub-grantees in line with programme’s grants manual, strategic direction and in line with clients requirements
- Financial or Accounting University degree
- 3 years of experience in Grants administration or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience of supporting grants and internal stakeholders / external partners management
- Experience of working as part of a successful team/function
- Demonstrable experience in interpreting donor budget
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Experience of working in a full cost recovery project and international NGO
- Experience of operating in a complex, multi-cultural context
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality at all time
Role specific Skills:
- Grant management skills
- Skills in managing relationship with sub grantees and other external stakeholders
- Time management skills
- High proficiency in the use of MS office tools (intermediate excel skills)
Pay band: 4
Remuneration: N 6,154,368 per annum
Contract type: Locally Engaged
Duration: Fixed Term ending 31 January 2023 (with possibility of extension)
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidate should Apply by Clicking the Button below.