The Government of Ireland International Education Scholarships Programme is a program that offers 60 scholarships to deserving applicants who have been offered a place at an appropriate Irish higher education institution for a one-year Masters or PhD program.
Students from non-EU/EEA nations are eligible for the offer, which is relevant to all academic subjects.
- Host Country: Ireland
- Study Abroad: Study in Europe
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships | PhD Scholarships |
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship | €10,000 stipend Per Year
- Deadline: March 24, 2023
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
The 2023 GOI-IES initiative aims to demonstrate Ireland’s involvement in the target partner nations. Th
The branding of scholarships as distinguished rewards reflects the key themes about Ireland as a hub of global innovation, research, and education.
- Candidates must demonstrate record of outstanding academic achievement
- Excellent communication skills;
- Participation in extra curriculum activities. For example: humanitarian work; politics either local, national or international; arts; sports;
- A strong rationale for pursuing their study in Ireland that indicates how a GOI-IES aligns with their longer-term goals.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
Students who are successful will receive:
- A €10,000 stipend for one year’s study
- A full fee waiver of all tuition and other registration costs at the higher education institution
The applications must cover the following, as requested in the online application tool:
- Academic qualifications, achievements and/or work experience (40 marks)
- Personal Statement (refer to the Candidate Profile). A. (15 marks);
- how they will extend themselves beyond their project/studies to become actively involved in Irish society in order to maximise their academic and cultural exchange experience and to raise awareness of the GOI-IES scheme in Ireland and beyond (15 marks);
- the extent to which they have a long-term interest in Ireland and how they will promote links with Ireland during their time as scholars and also after as Alumni (15 marks).
- Two references uploaded via the online application portal (please note that the HEA is not able to accept references submitted via email or other sources outside of the online application portal) (15 marks)
Method of Application
The call for applications will issue 14 December 2022 and the centralised application system (link) is now live and accepting applications.
- The closing date for receipt of applications is 5pm on 24 March 2023 (Irish Time).
- The application should be submitted via this link.
- Any questions regarding the call for applications should be submitted to GOIIES@hea.ie no later than 24 March 2023. Telephone queries cannot be accommodated.
- The HEA will advise the applicants and the HEIs of the outcome of the evaluation process by 1 June 2023.
Deadline: March 24, 2023
Note: Keep on visiting Basicupdate for more current update.
Please don’t forget to share this articles on all your social media handles for others to be aware