In order to apply for the Commonwealth Split-site Scholarships 2023, interested students are urged to follow the instructions below.
Split-site Commonwealth Scholarships help talented and driven people who would not otherwise be able to afford to study in the UK to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary for sustainable development.
They provide PhD candidates from qualified institutions in the Commonwealth with the chance to spend a year conducting research at a UK institution.
- Host Country: United Kingdom (UK)
- Study Abroad: Study in UK
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships | PhD Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: Commonwealth Nations
- Reward: Full Scholarship | £1,516 per month Stipends | Family Allowance
- Deadline: March 2, 2023
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
The goal is to increase the number of top-notch PhD candidates from low- and middle-income Commonwealth nations who have access to UK equipment and knowledge, as well as to support higher education and research in both the UK and the Commonwealth through partnerships and collaboration.
Beneficiaries: Top-notch graduates who have the potential to be outstanding instructors or researchers in their home nations and whose proposed research has a developmental focus.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive Scholarship alerts on WhatsApp
To apply for these Scholarships, prospective Scholars must:
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
- Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country
- Be registered for a PhD at a university in an eligible Commonwealth country by the time your Scholarship starts (September 2023)
- Ensure that an institutional or departmental link exists between your home university and your proposed UK university. This link must be greater than simply a collaboration between individuals – see section on ‘Tenure and placement’ for further details. Both supervisors must provide a supporting statement which provides further details of the link to ensure your application is eligible.
- Be available to start your academic studies in the UK in September 2023
- By September 2023, hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) honours standard, or a lower second class degree and a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree)
- Be unable to afford to study in the UK without this Scholarship
Scholarship Duration and Reward
Each Scholarship provides:
- Approved airfare from your home country to the UK and return at the end of your award (the CSC will not reimburse the cost of fares for dependants, nor the cost of journeys made before your award is confirmed)
- Approved tuition fees: full fees are covered by agreement between the CSC and the UK university, and Scholars are not liable to pay for any part of the tuition fee
- Stipend (living allowance) at the rate of £1,236 per month, or £1,516 per month for those at universities in the London metropolitan area (rates quoted at current levels)
- Warm clothing allowance, where applicable
- Study travel grant towards the cost of study-related travel within the UK or overseas
- If you are widowed, divorced, or a single parent, child allowance of £529 per month for the first child, and £131 per month for the second and third child under the age of 16, if you are accompanied by your children and they are living with you at the same address in the UK
Applications will be considered according to the following selection criteria:
- Academic merit of the candidate
- Quality of the plan of study
- Potential impact on the development of the candidate’s home country
Method of Application
For the school year 2023–2024, applications for Commonwealth Split-site Scholarships are currently being accepted.
Applications and all accompanying materials must be submitted by March 2, 2023, at 6:00 GMT.
Applications must be made using the CSC’s online application system.
Candidates must submit an application to attend a UK university that has a financing partnership with the CSC. Part funding arrangements are left up to the individual universities’ choice. For a list of universities that have agreed to part fund Commonwealth Scholarships, visit the UK universities with part funding agreements page on the CSC website.
Since the online application system will be extremely active in the days leading up to the application deadline, candidates are requested to complete and submit applications as early as possible.
Deadline: March 2, 2023
Note: Keep on visiting Basicupdate for more current update.
Please don’t forget to share this articles on all your social media handles for others to be aware.