9mobile is a proudly Nigerian private limited liability company empowered by a Unified Access Service License from the Federal Government of Nigeria in March 2007 to provide a broad range of telecommunication services nationwide across the voice, data and enterprise services spectrum.
9mobile has taken a leading role in the market for exceptional Customer Experience, Quality of Service, and Innovation. At 9mobile, Innovation is not just a buzz word; it is about how the company brings meaning into people’s lives, and relentlessly pushes the frontiers to find new ways to solve everyday challenges.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for Job Vacancies at 9mobile Nigeria.
Specialist, Business Support Systems (BSS)
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
- Location: Lagos
- This role undertakes the operations of the relevant Business Support Systems (BSS)covering all environments; Production, Test and Disaster Recovery to ensure adequate maintenance, operation and improvement of the entire BSS components and related software stack to achieve the required quality of service and service levels.
- The role focuses on mainly on the Customer Relationship Management (CRM), KYC solution and Mobile Number Portability (MNP) systems but is required to have knowledge of and would be required to work on other BSS solutions, Provisioning, Middleware, Mediation and related systems.
- The Convergent Billing System (CBS) is excluded from the scope of the BSS solutions.
- Participate and contribute to the development and maintenance of the IT Strategy and IT Operating model
- Enforce BSS related processes and procedures.
- Provide input on BSS Operations to other relevant IT processes and procedures.
- Provides advisory services to IT Senior Management on BSS and operations
- Support BSS architecture design and optimization and BSS integration with Operations Support Systems (OSS) and the CBS
- Support project planning and execution within the BSS domain
- Drive continual enhancements and improvements to the BSS and processes for business benefits.
- Guide IT to optimal value creation using trending, analysis and benchmarking capabilities.
- Drive for the attainment of agreed service levels for the BSS Operations and related KPIs
- Liaise with revenue management in ensuring business revenue is secure with appropriate interventions where there are business exposures.
- Support Performance Management unit in Contract Management, Vendor Management & Service Level Management related to assigned BSS services.
- Monitor the assigned BSS application services for availability, performance in line with agreed Service Levels, overall health check of underlying system processes, capacity in line with licensing and business requirements, batch jobs monitoring/management.
- Carry out trend analysis, root cause analysis, known error establishment, and creation of Change Requests, Incidents and Problem tracking and escalation, resolution and closure, user administration, License Management & Administration and service reporting for the assigned BSS applications.
- Contribute to regular health check service to provides comprehensive BSS application status information for the assigned systems to aid the identification of potential issues and bottlenecks and forestall any events that may affect the availability, performance, and security of the application.
- Analyse and diagnose the resource utilization trends and problems associated with the application processes and tuning the assigned BSS application environment, collaborating with IT Performance & Capacity Management functions to achieve and/or maintain the agreed Service Levels.
- Ensure proper documentation of the assigned BSS operating environments and storage into the knowledge management system for purposes of knowledge management and business continuity.
- Manage the inquiry and request handling service in fulfilling standard and ad-hoc service requests related to the assigned BSS.
- Work with relevant stakeholders to develop and periodically update a standard recovery procedure for operation to follow when a disaster occurs.
- Contribute to ensuring the adequacy of the available Disaster Recovery (DR) infrastructure of the assigned BSS to either maintain operation functions at an interim minimal survival level and/or re-establish full scale operations at a state of normal operation level if possible.
- Participate in the periodic disaster recovery drills for services involving the assigned BSS as planned and executed by the IT Business Continuity team
- Ensure all system and non-system processes required to guarantee a successful transfer of services between primary and DR sites are operational and working as planned.
- Implement a system to validate the integrity of replication and all DR processes / services between the primary and DR sites and provide periodic reports to IT Management.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering / Sciences from an accredited college/university preferred.
- Strong customer-centricity is required.
- 4 to 6 years of combined experience work experience in CRM, MNP and other BSS operations with role no less than half of those in an IT/Telecoms environment is strongly required.
- Experience with IT resource planning, task prioritization, budget / cost control. Strong ability to process data and extract actionable insights.
- Sound knowledge of internal business processes in the mobile telecommunications industry; possesses a broad-based operational perspective and provides solutions.
- Experience inworking / negotiating through complex issues and providing alternative solutions.
- Good and demonstrable knowledge of & experience in IT Service Management in general and IT Operations specifically is required.
- Highly developed business communications skill (verbal and written), good team player, change agent, strategic and creative, excellent relationship management skills and the ability to drive performance, consensus from all areas within the company.
Manager, Build to Operate (B2O)
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
- Location: Lagos
- This role will work across departments while taking responsibility for planning and executing the quality assurance, measurement, and audit functions to ensure fulfilment of deliveries as stipulated in requirements, and to ensure adherence to 9mobile’s Quality standards on projects, products and other deliveries within the IT organization.
- Keep abreast of global and local best practices as it relates to solution delivery, software testing, customer experience management & customer satisfaction.
- Continuous review of the project, BAU and product development end-to-end processes from ideation to delivery to solution/product retirement, make recommendations for improvement and implement approved initiatives to enhance business efficiency and customer experience.
- Ensure deliveries comply with industry benchmarked quality standards.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Oversee end to end solution delivery processes and assure quality of requirements delivered utilizing the various layers of testing (SIT, Performance, E2E, UAT) while maintaining adequate logs of issues encountered for continuous improvement.
- Monitor product roadmap, review concepts vis-a-vis customer journey map to infuse alignment of customer experience practices into product design and implementation.
- As part of the Quality Assurance process, ensure that customer experience requirements are captured in product implementation and validated.
- Responsible for PQA in strategic projects.
- Manage process frameworks, templates, checklists, documents, and performance.
- Assist Head QA in development, constant review and implementation of project-related quality framework, policies, and procedures.
- Responsible for the transitioning process of the solutions from delivery to post-delivery management to ensure solution quality is maintained.
- Work with program stakeholders across IT to ensure delivery change documentation is published to expected quality standards.
- Liaise with change managers to ensure key stakeholders and user communities are engaged and are correctly informed prior to change deployments to proactively avoid post go-live issues.
- Engage release leads, developers, and technical teams to create, test and stage production deployment for all approved changes.
- Identify, influence, and lead the implementation of best practice initiatives that contribute to the overall team improvement on the efficiency and effectiveness.
- Assist Head QA in translating IT Governance and Quality strategy and plans into specific improvement programs/projects.
- Attend team/departmental meetings as required, drive actions to delivery.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Head, QA.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum Six years (6) relevant experience in Quality Management/Assurance Role in IT /Telecom industry.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in IT, Business Management or a related discipline preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Software Testing theories and practices.
Certification and advanced knowledge of at least two of the standards:
- Services ITIL ISO2000, Software ISO/IEC12207-2008, ISEB
- PMP/Prince 2.
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft packages, including Microsoft Project, MS Office
- Oracle Database: SQL Fundamentals
- ISTQB/ISEB Certified Tester Intermediate Level (CTFL), BCS
- ISTQB/ISEB Certified Tester Foundation Level (CTFL), BCS
- ISO 9001:2015.
- Good multi-tasker with ability to work under pressure and strict deadlines.
- A customer-focused individual, good communicator and team player.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should apply by clicking on the BUTTONS below.