In Nigeria, we operate under a joint-venture arrangement with the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation and have assets on land and in swamp and near-offshore concessions covering approximately 2.2 million acres (8,900 sq km) in the Niger Delta region.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for the Latest Job Recruitments at Chevron Nigeria.
Aviation Superintendent -Escravos
Responsible for the scheduling and dispatch of the corporate aircraft fleet, as well as ensuring the safety and comfort of passengers onboard according to regulatory guidance and company aircraft usage policy
Provides functional aviation services input for all NMA JV and Deepwater activities in Lagos, Warri, Escravos, Onne and Port Harcourt, including but not limited to following:
- Provides counsel to management on strategic alignment of issues with Government/NAPIMS, to include government developments that may effect current and/or future operations.
- Provides recommendations on policy, procedures, and standards relative to acquisition, operation and use of Aircraft.
- Coordinates with aircraft owners (Aviation Contractors) regarding operating policies and procedures to ensure aircraft operations are conducted in accordance with regulatory requirements and with maximum safety and efficiency.
- Liaises with major Capital Project groups to understand aviation services requirements and ensures aviation services alignment between Major Capital Project procurement activities and the business unit.
- Assists in the development and implementation of an aviation services procurement strategy that emphasizes Total Cost of Ownership (TCO), Advanced Supplier Relations (ASR’s) and Total Quality Improvement.
- Participates in developing the Aviation Annual Budget, monitors performance and supports BU goals for Local Content Development.
- Identifies and shares aviation best practices and assists in ensuring consistent, optimal and best practice aviation services processes are in place.
- Assists in investigations of Aviation accidents and incidents involving Company employees and/or equipment.
- Drive NCAA annual Aerodrome permit process and work with Operations to close action items.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Not specified.
- Provides legal guidance and representation to business unit in legal matters.
- Work as part of a team and provide business focused and solution oriented legal support to client groups on technical and commercial transactions and projects
- Offer general corporate and legal advice to clients on matters which could pertain to upstream or downstream business portfolios
- Draft, review and/or negotiate complex commercial agreements
- Provide legal advice and guidance to clients on policy issues regarding legislation, regulations and rules enacted by the government
- Provide support on advocacy efforts as necessary, including the formulation of strategy and engagement of relevant stakeholders.
- Established industry/business knowledge, including drafting, negotiating and closing oil and gas transactions, and providing legal advice and counsel to clients
- Demonstrated job knowledge and technical proficiency
- Demonstrated exceptional leadership and communication skills. Must communicate effectively across broad functional and organizational lines and with regulatory and governmental stakeholders
- Must be a highly collaborative and motivated self-starter capable of working in a fast-paced team environment and collaborating with business clients, colleagues, and outside counsel
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor of Laws Degree (LL.B) – Minimum of Second Class Honours, Upper Division
- Barrister at Law (B.L.) from the Nigerian Law School – Minimum of Second Class Honours, Lower Division
- Master’s Degree will be an added advantage
Nine (9) to Eleven (11) years post Call to the Nigerian Bar. Prior in-house (corporate counsel within an organization) experience will be an added advantage
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should apply by clicking the BUTTONS below.