Amazon strives to be Earth’s most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want – low prices, vast selection, and convenience – Amazon continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform.
The Amazon Nigerian Team is looking for ambitious candidates to join us at the heart of our core consumer business.
Interested and qualified candidates should hurry and apply for the Fresh Job at Amazon Nigeria.
Senior Solutions Architect – West Africa, WWPS
- In your role, you will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of Amazon’s utility computing web services (Amazon EC2 compute, Amazon S3 storage, Amazon Simple DB/RDS databases, Amazon CloudFront CDN, etc.) within large strategic accounts.
- Your broad responsibilities will include: owning the technical engagement and ultimate success around specific implementation projects, working cross-organizationally to facilitate widespread use and adoption of the AWS platform, and developing deep expertise in the AWS technologies as well as broad know-how around how applications and services are constructed using the AWS platform.
- The ideal candidate will possess customer-facing skills that will allow them to represent AWS well within the customer’s environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, and risk mitigation.
- He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Support the AWS Business development team to help formulate a strategy to help the adoption of AWS within West Africa.
- Guide customers to ensure success in building and migrating applications, software and services following the principles of the AWS Well-Architected Framework.
- Help educate enterprise customers on the value proposition of AWS, and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud.
- Help provide one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions to transfer knowledge to customers considering or already using AWS.
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge among the AWS solutions architecture community.
- Author or otherwise contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as white papers.
- Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates.
- Act as a technical liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support.
A day in the life:
- Every day as a Solutions Architect is different.
- One day you could be building a Proof-of-Concept to show a customer the art of the possible, the next you could be writing content that helps our customers accelerate, the next coaching others on a technology you have expertise in.
- It’s a truly varied role, that allows you to play to your strengths.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Background in any of the following: Cloud Architecture, Systems Design, Software Development, Infrastructure Architecture, Data Engineering or DevOps
- Technical Degree (Computer Science, Maths, Engineering or equivalent) and/or relevant tech experience.
- Passion for technology and for learning.
The following qualifications are desired but not required:
- Continued or advanced learning (Master, MBA, PhD or equivalent).
- Experience designing, building, refactoring or operating IT systems – either on-premises or in the cloud
- Working knowledge of cloud-native architectures
- Experience working in a customer-facing role
- Experience with public speaking
- AWS certification (e.g. AWS Solutions Architect Associate or Professional) or other industry certification.
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidate should Apply by Clicking the Button below.